Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day weekend

I can't believe May is almost gone.  We are going to have Nanny to eat BBQ on Monday.  We are babysitting the little ones and she loves to see "her chilin" and they like her too.  Kaleigh loves Aunt Hattie but especially Rebekah.  Our neighbors are also coming over for bbq brisket.  I think I'll make hot green beans, corn on the cob, hot dogs and chips and salsa too.  And of course, I have to make some apple pie.  I want to make sure we remember all our service people who have made our life and country safer.  I am especially remembering my dad who was a great hero.  He saved his whole battalion in WWII by moving a truck filled with explosives out of the way of some bombs - no one else would do it and a few seconds after he moved it, a bomb hit the spot where the amunition truck was parked - it would have killed everyone.  He should have received the Metal of Honor for his action but didn't - that was my dad.  In his last years he was in God's Army trying to save as many souls for the Lord by tell them of God's love and gift of salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment