Monday, July 12, 2010

Laid back weekend, Harvest and flowers


Mason had extensive oral surgery on Friday to remove 2 molars.   He has been in bed till today, Monday, due to the pain and swelling.  He got up a few hrs yesterday and again this morning.  He is doing so much better.  We just laid low and got some much needed rest.  This morning we got up to see a profusion of blooms on our sage in the side yard and tons of red habaneros.  Mason gave away a bunch to a friend before we were able to take a picture of them.  Our tomatoes are doing OK - we get 1-2 a week.  Our herbs are out of control!  Looks like I may have to make some pesto really soon and share some of my mints:  chocolate mint, lemon mint, peppermint, spearmint, orange mint with all my neighbors.  I use the peppermint a lot as well as spearmint in the sun tea.  I may have to experiment in using the chocolate and citrus ones in my baking.  The stevia is also doing well (sugar substitute).

No comments:

Post a Comment